By following them when you finally decide to make the big leap to buy you can feel far more comfortable you have made the right decision for you.
1. Speak with your financier or your Finance Consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs before you walk in and find your dream home.
2. Prepare a short list of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
3. Research sales in those preferred suburbs. Inspect every property in your preferred suburb so you have a feel for the prices. Attend all open homes in the area.
4. Develop a relationship with one of our professional team members who specialises in your preferred area. Your RealWay Sales Consultant will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need and also inform you how you can register on our website to automatically receive notifications of any new listings that hit the market.
5. When you find a property that suits your requirements, ask your agent to send a copy of the sale contract to your solicitor or conveyancer.
6. If you are considering making an offer, we recommend that you contact your RealWay Sales Consultant promptly so you don't miss out on the property and they can also guide you if you are in any way unsure of the process.
7. Your solicitor or agent can arrange a building inspection to make sure you are aware of any possible major defects.
8. Following your solicitors or conveyancer's advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the building reports, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.
9. Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and usually pay a 10% deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement. At settlement, contracts will then be unconditionally exchanged.
10. At least one day prior to settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it, and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.